I celebrate the role of coaching and therapy for myself and those I serve!
Therapists are mental health professionals who serve those whose mental health is in crisis and in need of immediate attention. They…
- Diagnose mental illness.
- Assess mental illness.
- Treat mental illness.
Coaches are peers who come alongside clients to…
- Guide, Teach and Mentor
- Listen with Compassion
- Set Goals
- Plan for the Future
- Share Information on Trauma and Recovery
- Share Life, Coping and Decision Making Skills
- Share Experience to Help Reduce Isolation
- Encourage Healthy Thinking
- Celebrate Progress
- Encourage Positive Self Worth
- Encourage a Healthy Sense of Identity
- Encourage Spiritual Growth and Practice
- Encourage a Sense of Purpose
- Encourage a Healthy View of the World
- Encourage Healthy Relationships and Community
Coaches may serve clients who struggle with mental illness, but who are functional, capable and ready to learn and grow. We do not diagnose or assess a client’s mental health or prescribe treatment. When a client’s mental health is in crisis, we refer them to licensed mental health professionals who are equipped to serve them. We often work alongside therapists and other practitioners who are caring for our client’s mental health.